- Chet Townsend - Irrigation Agronomist - Helping growers use multi-sensor soil moisture probes to maximize irrigation efficiency
- Chet Townsend is one of the top Irrigation Agronomists world-wide, specializing in analyzing soil moisture data using soil moisture probes in many types of crops.
- Ten years of experience analyzing soil moisture graphs and setting up Irrigation Templates (setting full and refill points).
- Unique ability to train growers to use and understand soil moisture data and graphing software to improve water use efficiency.
- Remote training and data analysis available via GoToMeeting
- Introduced soil moisture monitoring to the Florida Citrus Industry beginning in 2001 using C-Probes, AquaSpy Probes, and web-based graphing software.
- Three years experience providing agronomic support to corn, cotton, soybean, and sugar beet growers in the High Plains using AquaSpy probes and other sensor data.
- Experience in these states and crops:
- California: citrus, cherries, pistachios, vineyards
- Colorado: corn, sugar beet
- Florida: citrus, tomatoes, blueberries
- Georgia: corn, cotton, peanut, sweet corn
- Kansas: corn, soybean
- Nebraska: corn, soybean, sugar beet
- Texas: corn, cotton
- Irrigated systems including flood, center pivot, drip, and micro-sprinkler.
- Get help on setting up Irrigation Templates for crops, based on crop water use curves, to maximize yields while using less water.
- Don't have any soil moisture probes yet? Subscribe to the AquaSpy Managed Services Program (MSP). No equipment to purchase or maintain, just pay for the data.
Contact Chet Townsend for pricing and see how you can reduce your input costs and improve yield. The AquaSpy MSP system comes with the new AgWise 2.0 dashboard. The annual fee includes installation and removal with wireless telemetry delivering data through the Internet to your computer or smart phone with e-mail alerts. Try the AquaSpy ROI Calculator to see how much you can save.
- See examples of Irrigation Templates and crop water use curves, and the new AgWise 2.0 dashboard below.
on Chet Townsend's qualifications, see his resume.
information and pricing, e-mail Chet Townsend.
Cell phone: 863.673.1374